Discontinuation of iPad Mini 2 Support
AutoVitals has discontinued the support of the iPad Mini 2. Please check below on:
- How you can identify if you are affected
- Why did it happen and what can you do about it?
- How AutoVitals is helping you with the phase out?
How can you identify if you are affected?
- On the back of the iPad under the protective case. Look for the model in the tiny text printed under “iPad”. The following are affected:
- A1489 on the iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi
- A1490 on the iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular
- A1491 on the iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular (TD-LTE)–released early 2014
- From the iPad settings app, select “General” on the left, then tap “About” on the right, and scroll down until you see “Model”. Enter the model number here to confirm if your device is an iPad Mini 2.
Why did it happen and what can you do about it?
When the iPad Mini 2 was designed 6 years ago, Apple’s iOS was the perfect matching operating system. In the last 6 years, more and more software capabilities have been added; now we are coming to a point where the Mini 2 is maxed out and thus negatively impacts the user experience. AutoVitals will no longer support the Mini 2 hardware and recommends an upgrade to the next-generation iPad 6.