SmartFlow Tips & Tricks
Here are some of our best tips and tricks to use by the SmartFlow team and AutoVitals community!
Best Computer to Use
- 75-100 GB of hard disk free space
- Min dual core 64bit, 2 GHz processor
- RAM of 4GB
- Memory of 4 GB
- 7200 RPM Hard drive
Feel free to call us at AutoVitals if you have any questions regarding the best computer to use, 866-949-2848.
Getting Flash on Your iPad
You could get a headlamp..
You could get a flashlight that attaches to your iPad…
Another idea is to have stick on tap lights on your iPad
There are many ways to get flash on your iPad, you just have to find the solution that’s right for your shop! These are examples/potential lights that will work for your shop.
Monitor and TV Set up
Another great idea is having a TV monitor in the shop showing the AutoVitals screen. When it’s time to show your inspection to the customer, you can just point out what you need on the big screen.
- Paying your technicians a certain amount per inspection.
- Having a weekly/monthly contest for which technician completes the most inspections with a certain amount of photos using the Inspection Metrics Report.
- Paying technicians according to how long on average it takes them using the Technician Efficiency Report.
- If technicians had the mentality that doing good inspections, will get them more work, then that should be incentive enough!
Implementing a Picture Policy
We recommend taking 5-10 pictures per inspection. Click here for more information on our picture policy, and how to implement it.
More Training Options
We also host weekly webinars where we talk about various topics every week, ask your advisor about all of our upcoming webinars.
We also have monthly workshops at our headquarters in Santa Barbara, California, that are free of charge, just pay for your airfare and hotel! Find out more about our monthly workshops here.
We also have Digital Supervisor Training, which is an awesome workshop taught by shop owners in Las Vegas and North Carolina, you can find out more here.
We also have Digital Operations Training, which is where a trainer works with you to set goals for the shop and goes to your shop to help implement SmartFlow, you can find out more here.
Being in the AutoVitals Community
Click here to request to join the AutoVitals Partner Forum.