NAPA DVI – Digital Vehicle Inspection
NAPA DVI is a tablet based application for performing vehicle inspections that enables dramatic cost savings through automation and elimination of paper forms. DVI reduces time spent by both service advisors and technicians during the inspection process.
The DVI program is available to all NAPA AutoCare Centers with no monthly service fees, just a one time $149 setup charge. You can try it now for FREE with limited features or if you are ready to order use the Add to Cart button below.
Below is a list of supported tablet devices that we have tested and which have been found by other shops to be best suited for in shop use. Tablets not listed below may work with AutoVitals applications but are not recommended.
iPad Mini 2
|The crisp user interface is hands down the best by far. Purchasing a refurbished tablet can make the iPad Mini the most cost-effective solution.|
|Google Nexus 9||The Nexus 9 has a 8.9″ screen is extremely clear and the 64-bit processor packs more enough power to get the job done and then some.|
Tablets NOT Supported
With so many new tablets on the market, there is a high chance that tablets are available, which are not a fit for high productivity use or flat out don’t work. Even established brand names are on the list of known misfits below:
- – Tablets without a rear facing auto focus camera are not supported
- – Android tablets running on versions of Android older than 5.0 Lollipop are not supported.
- – Full size iPads older than the iPad Air and first generation iPad minis. These tablets are not upgradable or have poor performance on the latest version of iOS.
- – Samsung Tab 2, Tab 3, Tab 4 and Tab A ( Have no auto focus camera and a slow drop-down feature)
- – All Kindle Fire tablets
- – ASUS Transformer TF300 and TS700 (They can not be upgraded to Android 4.4)
*NOTE: Recommendations are based on the current market condition. We do our best to keep it updated, but the tablet market releases new devices every day. The limiting factor in recommending a ruggedized tablet solution is the availability of the appropriate case
Try out DVI for FREE
Step 1 - RE-visit this page from your tablet.
Step 2. Download the DVI app to your tablet
The DVI app is available in the Apple App Store for iPads, on Google Play for Android Devices and in the Amazon Apps store for the Kindle. Click one of the icons below depending on your tablet type.
Step 3. Launch the NAPA DVI app
- Enter your shop data on the left.
- Use "tryout" as CM# for a test drive
- Check your email for the logon passcode
- Login with your email address and enjoy the DVI
NOTE: Certain features are blocked or watermarked during the test drive
If you have downloaded and Installed the Free DVI program and are ready to unlock the full version with extended features, just click the “Add to cart” button below and then proceede to checkout. As a NAPA Auto Care member you'll only pay a $149 one time setup charge for lifetime use (Regular cost $259). And there will be no monthly subscription fees.
If you have any questions contact us at (844)NAPA-DVI or (844) 627-2384
Have you already downloaded the Application and
License Only, License with Tablet and Case