Motorist Education Made Easy
Every service advisor, who uses Digital Inspection results successfully, knows the importance of three Es:
1.Educate the customer instead of force-feeding the information
2.Eliminate confusion, lack of understanding by showing pictures and videos
3.Electronic communication to reach the customer anywhere, anytime
What if the customer is on the go and has only their smartphone available? Doesn’t that happen in 90% of all cases? Yes it does and here is the solution, released in the July Smartflow release.
The Power of Pictures
Pictures are worth a Thousand
Words Dollars. Check the infogram below, it represents a real shop’s results and the Average Repair Order (ARO) as function of the number of educational pictures. Impressive, don’t you think?
The following extensions for the Digital Inspections and Worksheet will be released:
New Configuration Features and Benefits
The most important, absolutely necessary setup is the creation of a Google Email and configure it in the Shop Management tab in your inspection settings. The details are described here. IMPORTANT: NONE of the new features described in here will work without the Google email address setup. Instead the Inspection results will be presented and emailed as PDF document as usual.
If you have already installed the Failsafe feature, you are good to go. If not, please create or use a gmail address as described below and enter the new era. All it takes is to create the new gmail address and set it up in failsafe mode. You don’t need to be logged in all the time even, just set it up. Why can’t we do it on our side without bothering you? Good question.
Email service providers have become so sensitive for any potential breach of security that even email addresses setup by us and used on your behalf are flagged as potentially insecure. The only solution, which works 100% is to have you create the Google email address, if you haven’t done it yet. Let’s go and do it.
With the setup of the gmail address three benefits will be achieved:
- You have all inspection results (and in the future also the work orders) in an email account you own.
- The inspections results are coming from an email address you own (this is not possible otherwise without privacy and liability issues)
- You benefit from the whole set of features of a free Google email account
There are as many opinions on how to present the inspection results to the motorist as shops out there. With this release we support three options:
- Inspection topics sorted by status – good first this supports the best practice of giving the good news first
- Inspection topics sorted by status – severe first this supports the best practice of pointing out topics with the biggest impact first
- Fixed order of inspection topics Many shops teach their service advisor a fixed order of going through the inspection results with the customer. It creates more consistency and focuses on the work done first and then on the result.
Go to the Inspection Settings and configure it your way (Default is sort “by status”). If “by status” is selected then the order of statuses on the actual inspection sheet defines the ultimate order.
Check below 4 snippets of one inspection results report in different configurations, can you see your favorite one?
- ‘Sort by Status’ and ‘
- ‘Sort by Status’ and ‘
- ‘Sort by Topic’ and ‘
- ‘Sort by Topic’ and ‘
With our new technology of responsive websites for inspection results we also added the ability to add a cover sheet with completely customizable layout. This is handy for defining a specific branding for Franchises, Multiple location networks of shops or specific kinds of inspection sheets. One application is the Prior Vehicle Alteration Or Damage Inspection required in New Mexico you can see on the left.
Due to the significant amount of work involved in creating the cover sheet we are not able to offer this service free of charge. Please contact your product advisor or sales for more information.
The following features have been either eliminated or will be phased out in September 2016.
Eliminated in This Version:
- There is no shop specific inspection results anymore on the inspection results page, only the motorist version stays active.
- The TVP 1.0 is eliminated as default version. You can still select it manually on the TVP page though.
To Be Phased Out in the Next Version (September 2016)
- The built-in PDF creation will be phased out. Instead please use the PDF printer built into the Chrome Browser.
- The TVP V1 will be eliminated completely.
- The List View of vehicles will be eliminated in the next version, please prepare yourself and your staff to benefit from the TVP 2.0
- Retention only shops will be able to use the TVP 2.0 as well, and the old Retention specific TVP will be eliminated.
New Inspection Result Features and Benefits
The new layout on a smartphone. If motorists tap on the spark plug image on the left they can see the full size worn spark plug right away on their smart phone. Now your service advisor has it a lot easier.
A checkbox ‘For Customer’ indicates whether the print out is meant to be presented to the customer or as internal document for the shop. In the customer version no parts, pricing and billed hours are shown.
Clicking on the email button will open the communications dialog allowing you to attach other documents before sending the email. The email will never show parts and pricing, no matter the setting of the customer check box.
Use it in SmartFlow/SmartCheck!
- selecting the inspection revision and click on “View” opens the inspection results web page and you can email/print (2) it from there
- Emailing uses your gmail account to send the link to the insepction result
- if the work order check box is checked then the jobs get added (no parts, pricing and billed hours are shown to the motorist) and if “For customer” is checked the parts, pricing and billed hours are not shown.
below is an image of an inspection results with work order added.
Your customer dictates the communication methods they are willing to accept and respond to. This solution gives you a medium to talk to your customers in a format they deem useful and convenient.
The result: a simple method for you to educate motorists. You are able to make it as easy as possible for them to feel good about the information they received and authorize the jobs you proposed.
Your feedback on this proposed solution is extremely helpful in our development.