Use the Declined Jobs Feature in your PoS
All POS systems allow to mark jobs as declined by the motorist during the Estimate Authorization so that reminders can be sent out later, including these declined jobs.
- Depending on the POS used, declined jobs have to be manually added/removed, which is minimal effort.
- Motorists receive reminders by email, which include vehicle specific recommendations (clicking on the button in the image below will lead to an appointment page, shown on the right)
- The more concrete the better the chance for an appointment to take care of the declined jobs
- If the reminder is the last event of a series of reinforcement of the same message, the motorist is more open to make a decision.
- Service Advisors have the opportunity to reinforce the same message through an automatically sent email
- Service Advisors will build more trust in their ability to educate the motorist
- Service Advisors should request form the techs to take images during the digital inspections, so they show up in the thank you email (see below) and the service advisor can use educational videos on the website to help educating the motorist
The critical success factors for an effective retention process are:
- Educate the motorist about the need for the proposed service recommendation
- Personalize the motorist’s experience to increase the trust in the recommendations
- Reinforced at the right time (it has been a while since the last touchpoint) the necessity to take care of the declined jobs might just be the last nudge to score an appointment
There is no better way to engage the motorist than with vehicle specific and personalized recommendations. Since a significant majority of PoS software systems support declined jobs, the use of Declined Jobs is highly recommended.